Dynamic Z is a system for Super Mario World that gives the user the ability to perform a variety of actions during V-Blank.
Dynamic Z was created by Anonimzwx as a replacement for DSX. It makes it possible to code dynamic sprites without the need of a buffer, which in turn significantly removes the slowdown caused by these type of sprites. Additionally, Dynamic Z allows the user to code dynamic sprites with a 30FPS animation that are syncronized with each other; this enables the possibility of having two times the amount of dynamic sprites on-screen in comparison with DSX.
Some features allowed for users are:
- Graphic changes
- Color palette changes
- Color palette and graphic changes on the player
- Tile changes
It also has the following general features:
- Support for Dynamic, Semi-Dynamic and Giga-Dynamic sprites
- A special DMA mode which grants 50% more transfer capacity by removing the game's original DMA code
- Player DMA optimizations that gives more time during NMI and slightly curbs slowdown
- Compatibility with the old DSX sprites