To insert graphics files into your Super Mario World ROM using Lunar Magic, there are four nearly identical buttons on the right side of the animation (berry) button with icons of "Super Mushrooms" on them. Each of these buttons has a distinct function.
- Red - Extracts native graphics files from the currently loaded ROM.
- Green - Inserts the graphics files currently located in the "Graphics" folder of the opened ROM's directory.
- Blue - Extracts extra graphics files from the currently loaded ROM.
- Yellow - Inserts extra graphics files currently located in the "ExGraphics" folder of the opened ROM's directory.
- When opening a new ROM in Lunar Magic, there will be no "Graphics" or "ExGraphics" folders. These are only created (unless you create them yourself) when you click the Red Mushroom icon and the Blue Mushroom Icon in Lunar Magic; Red for Graphics and Blue for ExGraphics.
- When you extract Super Mario World's graphics files using the Red Mushroom Icon, there will be fifty two (52) files titled "GFX**" respectively, starting from GFX00 in hex, counting down to GFX32 in hex. These are the native files extracted straight from the loaded ROM. These files can be edited at your leisure using a program called YY-CHR.
- It is recommended to leave these files alone unless you have some experience in dealing with Super Mario World and know what it is you wish to edit, as most of these files may be used commonly through your game; or if you don't like looking at garbled messes when you open Lunar Magic.